PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cranwell education
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 22:01
SOSL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cranwell Foreign Studes

ISTR that Bandar Sultan was on 95 entry. I was told he had a flat in or near the Bunny Club on Park Lane.

There were 4 exchange cadets on 99 entry - I probably won't get their names right but here goes - Bom San Gooi (Malasia) known as Billy; Cheong Cze Chang (Malaysia) known as Charlie; (something Indian) Rehman known as Ray and Saeed Achmed known as Sid.

Ray was a bit quiet but they were all great guys who just fitted in with the cadet culture.

Sid and I hitch hiked down to the RAF Club one Friday for their Saturday night disco (those were the days!), on the way we got a lift from a Belgian diamond dealer in a big car who had an open bottle of red wine in the front when we got into the back. He lived in a big house on Ladbroke Grove and when we got there the wine bottle was empty. He invited us to stay for dinner and he cooked a respectable curry. Then we got the tube to Hyde Park and repaired to the RAF Club.

After I graduated and moved to the Student Officers' Mess - there were some groups of foreign studes doing the applied course (engineering) and someone (I was told) encouraged a lady from Sleaford to set up business in one of the rooms in the lower west wing.

Also when Idi Amin stopped paying the Ugandan studes they used to hang around the entrance to the bar and hope someone would buy them a drink.

Ain't life funny.

Rgds SOS

Last edited by SOSL; 5th Jun 2014 at 23:47.