PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cranwell education
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 20:21
The_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 year course!

Are you old sweats having me on? Was it ever 3 years long....blimey how those airpower lessons must have flown past! I suppose it was mixed in with a first degree then was it? Much like what some countries still do now I guess?

My stay was long enough - thank goodness I didn't have remedial or Mash. I don't think I could have hacked it. Not because the course was hard. If anything I would have preferred it harder as it would have really sorted the wheat from the chaff but also because it would have taken the stuffing out of those who felt they were above it all.

Best memories are those of drill periods. Always hoping that you could be just that split second faster than some unfortunate soul who caught the eye of the drill pig. Oh and the first inspection when half the course was picked up and as punishment had to march to CHOM late one evening - so there we all were marching in unison and I started whistling the theme tune to the great escape, and then everyone did. Of course I only felt that brave because there was no drill pig with us. They weren't that stupid to waste a lovely balmy evening!