PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 20:04
Danny42C

Chugalug,

Well might you say: "God forbid that HMRC should get such ideas..." A recent difference of opinion with that august body (from which I emerged, I'm happy to say, victorious); and of which the 'C' element was my last employer (and now pays me a meagre second pension), ended with my having to carefully record no fewer than seven new numbers, Codes and references which had to be carefully squirrelled away (for they will surely try again some day before long)....D.

Fareastdriver,

This was what we had in RAF(G) in '60.

Grunau Baby

"When the Baby first appeared, it was accepted wisdom that the pilot should feel as much unimpeded airflow as possible, the better to sense rising and falling currents of air, temperature changes (they can say that again !) and the like" (Wiki)....D.

MPN11,

Seeing that the war was pretty well over by the time you first arrived on the scene, I'm surprised that you were dragged into the net at such an early age !

And even more surprised that you had (technically) to be prepared to produce it to any Constable until late as as February '52 (Wiki), when you'd be 7 more or less. What Enemies of the State were we afraid of then ?....D.

Cheers, all. Danny.