PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grand Canyon Accident: Pilot killed in AS350 rollover
Old 5th Jun 2014, 15:51
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
"I'll ask again, why are you so obsessed with creating a violation of policy/procedure/regulation where there clearly isn't one?"

I don't want to create anything I'm just amazed that an authority allows an activity that is so potentially dangerous.

When it came to making up the regulations, did they look at the model, the link of which was posted earlier, looked at the bit that says;
(228) Flight time. The period of time that the aircraft moves under its own power for the purpose of flight and ends when the aircraft comes to rest after it is parked, with engine(s) shut down if applicable.
Note: Flight time as here defined is synonymous with the term "block-to-block" time or "chock-to-chock" time in general usage, which is measured from the time an aircraft moves from the loading point until it stops at the unloading point.

(229) Flight time— aeroplane. The total time from the moment an aeroplane first moves for the purpose of taking off until the moment it finally comes to rest at the end of the flight.

(230) Flight time—helicopter. The total time from the moment a helicopter’s rotor blades start turning until the moment the helicopter finally comes to rest at the end of the flight, and the rotor blades are stopped.

(231) Flight time—glider. The total time occupied in flight, whether being towed or not, from the moment the glider first moves for the purpose of taking off until the moment it comes to rest at the end of the flight.
... and thought, "Tell you what, we'll group all aircraft in one and leave off any mention or reference to power ..... what could possibly go wrong!

Oh, how they must chuckle on their way to the enquiries.