PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 5th Jun 2014, 13:21
Voodoo 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBS being run by seniority whether you love it or hate it is in my mind here to stay.

Even if you are really junior and you have a not so good schedule, isn't it great to know that just a couple of years if you put the time in and creep slowly up the ladder then you too will be able to enjoy far more flexibility about where you fly, whats days etc. Seems like a great incentive to stay to me!

VFR, sure you'll be bleating later about how its OK for everyone else to be at the party but you'll be the only one keeping the company flying tonight! Do one more year and then come and tell us how your roster has changed for the much much better. If you leave in that time then do please also tell us how you have joined another airline and even if it does have PBS, you'll either be at the bottom and have to climb again or it'll be rolling seniority like EK and you'll NEVER get away from all those duties that you would hope to leave behind.

the best party was the first one, i.e. the BBQ we had on the roof of the Marriott = legend!... and anything else would pale into insignificance in comparison, as those whom were there will surely testify!
Truly it was! Those Brazilian meats, still salivating at the thought of those!! Have looked at the pictures way back when we were young, keen and all smiles! What a difference five years makes, haha!

To be fair King, this was the first year they brought out the date of the party before the PBS/RDO cut off date so was able to plan this year.