PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 5th Jun 2014, 12:43
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Cycle of life

Fliion

So let me get this right. My advocating that our seniority based system is fair means that I support everything that happens in a country that is not a democracy, that I cannot vote in, that I can currently never become permanently resident in and that coincidentally you also live in?

From the information I have to hand any of the 3 million expats living in Dubai, including yourself are therefore party to the same crime.

Suggest you may want to go to the corner and have a word with yourself old chap.

Back to the thread VFR

Seniority is a very simple and very fair concept. 5 yrs or 50 yrs old is irrelevant as if someone joins one week before you they have more time in the airline than you and vice versa. I am not defensive, i simply think it fair! If the company change the system then that is their right. Whatever the system as long as it is fair then that is what matters. I do not think that someone who made a commitment to come here X years ago should be treated the same as someone who arrives today. I also think a system where everyone shares the same workload with no possibility of improvement is cloud cuckoo land as there is no incentive to stay loyal to the airline.

Service should be rewarded somehow or we become mere wage slaves waiting for another airline to offer better Ts and Cs. Fliion et al ( see the EK BONDING THREAD) would have us believe that we are all simply mercenaries who go to whomever gives the best package. Well guess what the mgt have found a way to reward you without increasing the budget. How about that!

No firm I ever joined gave us school holidays, weekends, religious holidays OFF immediately normally when you are new you are at the bottom of the leave pile and work pile no different to life 30 years ago in school.

Lunch bell goes off, 6 th formers go and eat whatever they fancy. Then 5 bells signals the 5 th form and so on until the 1 st formers go in ten minutes before the end of lunch and have whatsoever is left. The 1st form know that they the smallest and youngest get the worst or unwanted choices as that is their place but guess what the next year they move to the 2nd form and so on until they about to go to uni in 6 th form age 18 are the top of there food chain. Guess what preparation for real life!

And funny old thing they then go to university where they are bottom of the pile again as they are freshers and move on up the pile until they are in final year and are seniors again more perks!

Then yet another institution do you think soldiers sailors and airmen are treated the same way in basic training that they are treated after years of service.

Seniority has its privileges, so it has been, so it should be and long may it continue to be!