PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 5th Jun 2014, 12:28
AirTrafficOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yr Right - sorry you are not

1. This tragedy happened back in the Mirage days.

2. At that time we were only talking about a control zone or something a bit larger.

3. Over 97% of requests for clearance for civilian aircraft were approved to cut across or go straight overhead.

4. Sometimes we would have ARMY Operations with MANY aircraft dropping parachutists (100s of them) from Maitland to the Coast from well over 10,000 feet. This type of operation could go on for a few hours. I guess you want the World and training to stop so a civilian aircraft could go straight through a bunch of hapless parachutists?

5. You don't read or absorb! And your English is appalling by the way. This pilot was given a clearance subject to a couple of orbits whilst his path through military airspace was made SAFE for him. The pilot made the decision NOT to orbit and PRESS ON in the dark over really rough territory.

6. The forecasts for his intended landing areas was NON VMC.

7. As has been said before at the first sign of a **** storm in the cockpit - yell bloody murder PAN PAN PAN and then a MAYDAY. No-one is going to give you a hard time over yelling MAYDAY.

8. Williamtown would've identified him on their RADAR and vectored him under MayDay safely to the Base to land there.

9. How do I know this - because I have done it - TWICE! And my arse stung for a week for busting Base SOPs BUT I don't care to this day because I know I did the right thing!

10. Ill informed people who look at large pieces of airspace and go "why do they need that" have NEVER been in the back seat of a Mach 2 fighter in a dog fight or a Hi Lo Hi mission or any other number of training scenarios. Difference is - I have!

11. If I was flying my bug smasher through that airspace I would not like to be confronted by a military jet doing an evasive move at 400+ kts and leaving me flipped and in a spin in its wake. Some things do not mix...

12. In my time there I managed to chat with the airlines in Sydney Ops guys and told them we would co-operate with requests. They requested and in 97% of cases we granted.

Good grief this is getting tedious.