PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grand Canyon Accident: Pilot killed in AS350 rollover
Old 5th Jun 2014, 11:54
canterbury crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC,

Umm, that's exactly what I do.

Every single time I land I write down the time, then just before I pull pitch I write the time down again. Up to 60 times a day. Client gets charged running time, machine gets air time (I would say flight but I'm afraid it would confuse you further than you already are) and I log the time I was in the air. Flight time. Time the Helicopter was in Flight. In the air. Not on the ground. Simple.

It is required by my governing body and my company so that's what I do. I have logged running time when required by a different governing body and different company. Same type of helicopter. I am a firm believer that Flight time means in the air.

I agree 100% that I am responsible for the helicopter until I have tied the blades down and turned the battery off. If someone walks into the machine, I am responsible. Not arguing with you there, but if I am loading passengers and my machine is running, legally allowed where I work, I am not flying. I am standing outside loading passengers. The machine is not in flight and I am not logging flight time for me or the machine. Clients are going to be charged for it though.

All these fancy definitions but have you looked in a dictionary - try an English one if you like. I think you may be quite surprised.

Last edited by canterbury crusader; 5th Jun 2014 at 11:56. Reason: spelling