PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 05:53
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
it occurred to me ( only briefly, because I knew the answer) what a bloody good thing it would be if the board and senior management occasionally flew around the world, down the back, incognito, using a few different carriers.
cbradio:
Fact 1. Many years ago I was flying back to SYD in Y and got talking to 2 senior QF people - I an executive (Head of Safety). I asked why they were not up the front and the Head of Safety stated that he wanted to see first hand what it was like to fly surrounded by smokers. This was the time when they were talking about banning smoking on international flights. Head of Safety was old school QF, he wanted to see for himself and that wouldn't happen now.

Fact 2. I worked with a guy who's best mate's mum worked at QF (true) apparently her job was to fly international to see how the opposition was going. When I said what a great job, he laughed as he though so as well but his his mate said, yeah but she only flies SQ business class. I wonder if they have such a team still (assume it was a team).

I always thought if when booking staff travel, how good it could be if you were randomly selected, received a call and asked if you'd be happy to fly X to your destination?
Could have been for a single traveler, a couple or a family. If booking in Y on QF they (staff travel) purchased a Y seat (or more) on airline X etc
Could have done this using staff from all levels, maybe not senior management, with the conditions that you completed a survey and return it to staff travel on your return.

OK QF may not have liked what they learnt but that would have been the whole idea, honest feedback. It would never happen though.