PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF CAF slams 'his' Air Force!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 02:31
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Spaz

Not raining on your parade but what were the Aggressors simulating? Block 15 F16's out of Iswahyudi? What did our guys have? AMRAAM & Wedgetail? From what I watched, AVM Brown was cleverly disingenuous in parts.

He does come across as a capable leader and the RAAF seems to be being molded into an even more highly capable air force.

I appreciate the RAAF's influence of late, as what appeared to be the acceptance of a capability gap previously in a total and premature commitment to JSF was quite a risk. I recall numerous interviews with AVM's ( Shepherd etc ) where the need for an interim fighter and eventually Growler were totally dismissed. Wasn't it an actual civilian push to address the JSF delays and capability gap? So smart questioning of Defence an essential check and balance and I have no problems with the Senators doing their job.

Wow! Jump jets for the RAAF to serve on navy carriers? Smart if it's an mature technology purchase I guess, but who are we fighting and would cruise missiles on AWD's and LHD based attack helicopters not suffice in the region?

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 5th Jun 2014 at 02:59.