PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info on Aerocadet Academy
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2014, 23:56
Marandinho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RED FLAG

Lemme tell you guys a quick story.
I was looking into joining aerocadet, but I couldn't find any information about them. Some time ago, I came across a certain business called 'Javelin flight funding'. Their business intention is to get aspiring pilots to pay them 75% of training costs, and they will pay for the rest. Oh, they would also find you a job!
Looked into Javelin, and found out they were using a 'rented' business office in Delware, US. Turns out that a certain Manpreet Singh was involved. Look him and Javelin up if you want.
Now, to my next point. I was looking through the Aerocadet website, and I stumbled upon a certain paragraph...

"Aerocadet has partnered with Javelin Air Servies in order to allow the most promising candidates, our prospective INTERNATIONAL students, who do not have enough funds for completion of the full Airline Transport PIlot program, to receive up to 50% in student loan funds with a generous payment deferment option."

They also want you to pay 25% of the training upfront. They promise 1500 hours for $49995 - which is absurd. As a European, I'm more or less used to the 'affordable' training routes. £30,000 wouldn't even get you a fATPL on a modular route, and these guys promise 1500 hours through an intergrated route with a guaranteed job at the end of your training.
Sorry for the massive post, but I hope I helped in any manner possible.