PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 4th Jun 2014, 23:13
evilroy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi Dick,

What personal agenda are you running here with your crocodile tears on TV?

I was a RAAF air traffic controller at ASWM in the 80's. I was the only ATC who was both military and civilian trained. I have cleared thousands of civilian flights through Willytown airspace whenever asked, especially if the weather was dodgy outside ASWM controlled airspace.

I have cleared YOU in your Jetranger, with your wife and kids on board to transit and land somewhere private north of Williamtown. On a return flight one day I cleared you to fly right over the Base, cautioning you not to take any photographs and then to hover in front of the control tower whilst you took pictures, your kids waved and I shone the Aldis Lamp at them.

How dare you baselessly and shamelessly blame military air traffic controllers for this sad incident.

I have, on at least 2 occasions, broken all the rules and RESCUED civilian pilots in distress by radar vectoring them and actually landing them at the RAAF Base. I have a letter from one of those pilots thanking me profusely for saving his life.

Read the transcript and apologise before a tsunami of very angry and upset military air traffic controllers get on television...