PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2014, 17:16
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you've spent that amount of money on a First Class flight, then I imagine that you expect utterly superb food and wine. If the excellence is not there from the chosen suppliers, the poor old CC can't wave magic wands to improve it!
I've flown BA First twice (once in 2012, once in 2014... both times paid in Avios, not cash I might hasten to add !)

To be perfectly honest, I would call it "Club Plus"....

- The AVOD is the same.
- The food is not special (BA are still trying too hard, I still feel they need to be realistic about what's possible in the air and design their menu accordingly.... trying to do stuff like the soufflé shown on TV will never work and is only something that a bunch of design by committee corporate idiots would come up with.... simplifying and going back to basics would do BA a lot of good ! )
- The seats are pretty much the Club seats with a little extra padding

Would I pay cash for First (if I could !) .... never.
Would I redeem Avios again for First.... having given them a second chance this year... no.

Would I pay cash (as long as the price is right) or redeem avios for Club ... yes (for longhaul / midhaul.... its pointless on shorthaul). Club (longhaul in particular) is essential ! There's no way I'd do LHR-SYD crammed up in the back. But that's why I'd buy the ticket... for the space and (relative) comfort ... not for the food or some crew member smiling at me becasue that's what the training manual says they should do.