PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cranwell education
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2014, 16:10
The_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreign students

Yep, I second the views held of Omani students. The best of the foreign cohort in my opinion. The one on my course even did all his own coursework! Had been to Halton and a great footballer to boot.

Caribbean students used to brighten the PEd sessions clad in 3 layers, gloves and woolly hat whilst everyone else was in t-shirts and shorts!

Qataris were great fun - I think their entrance test was whether they were willing to stump up another annex to the camp!

To be honest, none of the courses would have been the same without all of the foreign students. They all added so much in their own way, and left some cracking memories.

Most disappointing thing about Cranditz was the quality of the Flt Cdrs! Too many never been in charge of 'troops' of a decent quantity before, and some even sent because they had been bad boys and needed to build up their profile again. A far cry from Sandhurst where the cream of Offrs and SNCOs are chosen from the British Army, generally with recent frontline experience. I know with the tempo of ops these days that this will all have changed now.