PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 4th Jun 2014, 11:38
Voodoo 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's inefficiency crewing wise, completely unfair and most importantly unsafe.
How inefficient crewing wise? Every flight is covered and everyone or far more than most at least is getting more time off than before PBS.

Unfair? Unfair how? You put the time in, you'll get seniority, you'll get more chance to bid for the plumb trips.

Unsafe? Unsafe how? Please don't throw out the regular line that we have low timed pilots flying together on all nighters etc. There was a time when we started places like Kabul and Kathmandu. Neither of the operating pilots had been there but we read the brief, kept to SOP's and just got on with it.
Each upgraded pilot here has got their seat having been through a thorough interview, assessment flights and many sim details. Not everyone has passed so it's fair to say that each one is worthy of their seat. Everyone has been through the same training and while one could argue that experience does vary through the workforce, to say that it is unsafe I don't believe is a fair statement.

PS, I don't know who is working 8 days a month (not me thats for sure), and if they can PBS well enough to get it then good for them.

OKC, that 0120 report four sector duty. Anyone at FZ who never operated that duty has no grounds to say that PBS is failing them. That duty could (and maybe did) bring grown men to tears… And even though we had seniority, we couldn't wriggle out of it back in a non PBS life!!

Last edited by Voodoo 3; 4th Jun 2014 at 15:10.