PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 23:52
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPS. Why was the Pel AIr ATSB report an "aberration"?
The review panel felt that the ****ty Pel Air investigation was a 'one off' poor investigation, something 'out of character', something that is 'unlikely to happen again'. To that I say PONY POOH. Since mi mi mi Beaker took the reigns the many accident reports have become light weight and 'politically correct', some are even farcical. The ATsB still has a number of skilled, intelligent investigators and analysts at the coal face (thank god), but it is the decision making at the top level, the accountant decisions, the slicing, dicing, dissection and changing of investigator reports after they are completed so as to release a more kinder, less critical softly softly response that has become a major issue. The top layer and its 'beyond all sense and reason' approach has to go, warts and all. Let the guys and gals at the core shine again, please ....

Dangly, I don't have enough bandwidth to list all the sections I would take the axe or wrecking ball to, but at a minimum;

- Bring in 'accountability' and remove protective legal freedom from prosecution for CAsA employees
- Replace all 3 DAS positions and a number of the Executives. (I won't name names but members of the IOS and government know who the stumbling blocks are)
- Keep the Board numbers at 4. No need for 2 more, but replace the current 4 with aviation experienced Board members who come with reputations of integrity.
- Changes to the way the ICC operates have been recommended thank god, but the present system is stacked and in my opinion a complete shonk. A complete overhaul and appointment of someone like Michael Hart is imperative.
- Complete removal/redundancy of the 'Iron Ring' has to proceed if a new CAsA that works harmoniously with industry is to be achieved. We know who they are. Time to change position descriptions and out these destroyers once and for all. You can't build a house if half of CAsA builds up a row of bricks while another part of CAsA pulls down 2 rows.
- Up skilling of management and inspectors in modern practises and not bureaucratic dark age methods is required.
- Transparency and equality with the application of rules and activities among the industry. As Sunny would put it in another way - If you are prepared to smash GA or an Ag operator for something then you should be able to bollock the big end of town as well. We all know that certain carriers are 'untouchable'.
- KPI's (which has been recommended). And penalties toward CAsA for breaking SLA's. Where a business is financially crushed due to CAsA incompetence there should be a method for repatriation and costs awarded.
- An end to the abuse of taxpayer funds and the never ending bottomless tin of money that funds endless legal pursuits of innocent people due to no better reason than a few egos and some pride has been dented. This is sanctioned government accepted abuse.
- Annual ANAO and other accepted audits of CAsA finances and expenditure, legal activities, due processes, ethics, procedures, compliance with statutory laws and the Chicago convention.
For starters......