PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Away? a tale of woe and painful experience
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 22:44
Ricardo72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flypath, sorry to hear about your experience in that school in particular. That being said, let me tell you that spanish flight schools, not all but most of them have a very good reputation. I'm spanish guy, got my CPL license in Canada, to save some money I got involved with a school that instead of teaching was ripping people off, I realized a bit late though. I've never said and I won't that all Canada flight schools are bad because of my experience, what happend to me was bad luck. Your experience, unfortunately, was bad luck too.
Regarding to our language problems, it's not because we are proud of our own language and we want to preserve it, it has nothing to do with that. From my point of view, and just an opinion, it is the lack of interest of our politicians (who don't speak english either) to give us the right tools to learn English. Our english teachers are native spanish speakers, so we learn your language with a very strong accent, being very optimistic. And those english movies which are on own public tv didn't come with subtitles, so we don't have much ways to learn Shakespeare language other than go abroad to learn english and not everyone can afford it.