PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding
Thread: Gliding
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 20:24
snapper1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

SSD, got it in one!

When I first joined in 2002 I heard stories about the old-fashioned b*llockings at full volume. It had almost been consigned to history but one individual occasionally regressed. He was unfortunate enough to try it on with a mate of mine in front of a number of members. Said mate waited until he got the bloke on his own and told him forcibly that if he EVER did that again he would be made to feel so small he'd wish he hadn't opened his mouth. He never did it again.

These days we all treat each other with respect. It doesn't matter whether you are a bus driver, a high court judge, builder, pathologist or policeman - we are all equal. Nor does it matter whether you are a novice or a sky god.

Nobody forces themselves on to the committee just to gain power anymore - we select the most able and then we have to drag them on.

Many things have changed for the better, but being a member's club does mean that you do have to put yourself out to help others and yes, sometimes the days are long and quite arduous. But the rewards are immense - and I don't mean just the flying.