PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BTEC Aerospace Engineering...Mechanical or Avionic?
Old 2nd May 2003, 16:06
Military Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTEC Aerospace Engineering...Mechanical or Avionic?

Hi there

First of all i have posted this in the Engineers forum but have not had a lot of response (i have had a couple of very good responses but am loooking to get further details). If this thread is inapropriate for this forum then delete it. Thanks

I am currently about to take my AS levels but am leaving college at the end of this year to go to Newcastle college in order to take part in their BTEC Aerospace Engineering course in conjunction with the new Newcastle Aviation Academy. I am about to apply but have discovered that Newcastle College offer two course

BTEC Aerospace Engineering Mechanical
BTEC Aerospcae Engineering Avionics

I understand that the mechanical course will involve learning the airframe structure and enginers and the avionic course will involve avionic systems such as electrical systems etc but was wanting to ask anyones opinion on which course they think would benefit someone possibly wanting to become a pilot and also if anyone has any experience as to what details these courses go into and what they consist of apart from what i already know which is.....not a lot really.

Id be really grateful if anyone could give me any help and also can anyone recommend any books etc for these courses.

Many thanks