PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair???
Thread: Dragonair???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 08:54
michaela74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragonair???

I'm currently flying the A330 for a large European airline (f/o 1000hours) with about 10,000 hours total time of which about 4000 is med. jet command.
Things are going well but I was brought up in Hong Kong and still have family and friends there. I'm in my late 30's with a very young family, part of me wants to do the sensible thing and stay put, the other wants to blow caution to the wind and bang an application into dragonair.
I notice dragonair are recruiting at the moment and time to command would be much quicker than Cathay. I've also had enough of hotels and would love a roster comprising of day trips and not weekly visits to the sand pit. I've met a few dragonair guys around and they seem like a good bunch and quite content.
Are there any dragonair pilots out there that could give me some advice, eg. Is the school allowance enough for 2 kids at an ESF school?, could you live fairly comfortably on Lantau if prepared to add to your housing allowance? With 20k housing we might have to bring 3 tents.
Any advice would be much appreciated and if I get an interview I'll be back.