PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 05:52
Voodoo 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the people above you in seniority, who you seem to begrudge, have already spent 4-5 years doing the very same as what you are now
That'll be me then. Came at the beginning and if anyone wants to see the rosters that I flew even last summer before PBS kicked in, even being one of the most senior pilots in the company then they are welcome. It'll look just like what all the guys with low seniority are complaining about know. I have done well over my share of night flights and 18-30 hour rest periods over time. As has been explained before, the seniority structure of PBS is partially a reward for those who have stuck out the dark days of poor rostering and now if we can never fly when the sun has set and take 15 plus days off a month then we shall take it, gladly.

Don't forget that for those who still don't get what they think are good rosters be grateful you still have at least a say when you go flying, where and when you get your days off. Before PBS, all we could request was two days off and no destinations or time to go flying, at least its something now to have some control.

Also to a degree it is not PBS that gives someone a poor schedule but the person who has bid in the first place. I have heard of some dreadful bidding requests and then these guys wonder why they are always turning up in the middle of the night to go flying. It's just like an FMC, you put rubbish in, you get rubbish out. Learn how to use the system to your advantage. Bid as towards you seniority, bid effectively and you may just surprise yourself!

Believe me, prior to PBS things were much worse.
Yes they were and as I have have tried to explain above if the guys think they are stuck only on night duties and the dross that no-one else wants, if they give it even two years then their seniority will only go up as people may leave and more aircraft arrive. It took me well over four years to get any sort of roster control so if you others have to do maybe only three years to get the same then consider yourselves in a very good position.

Man up, get on and enjoy the flying and be honest if you have to bitch about the schedule while down at the beach clubs (we've all been!), having got free entry and then getting 40% off lunch with EPC while the kids are having fun splashing around in the pool, then tell me, how bad really is it here…...