PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 05:35
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is interesting that the ICC is to report to the new CAsA Board which I read as cutting the chain of command and by-passing the DAS. One can only hope the ICC will be chosen by the Board. I further note the AVMED mob getting a rocket will disturb some in that little 'Principality' if the DAME is the final arbiter of whether or not the pilot is fit to fly. This could have meaning to the CVD mob who are now fighting an uphill battle because of our Prince Proozac.

I think the result forms the foundation for some meaningful change and public input is still needed to ensure the good there is implemented.

One thing that worries me is the constant evolutionary change of aviation technology mixing with constant regulatory change. This could inadvertently give credibility to the RRP which has been dragging on for years. The regulations need to be re-written to contemporary needs instead of refining and redefining rules from 1945. I think there is scope there in the recommendations.

At first look I'll give it a pass mark but hold the option to reverse this when the lawyers get to work and barstardise it. We all know they will.