PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 03:59
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
No. Not better radar coverage. Just a commonsense recommendation to use the existing radar effectively.

You can only do that properly if you have a system where pilots are already on the best radar frequency.

How could the BASI investigator not make such a recommendation when it was obvious that such a system would most likely have the pilot informed within minutes of him heading of in the wrong direction.?

No. Concrete minded investigators who did not have the ability to think laterally and ask and copy the best systems from around the world .

Bit like some if the posters on this site.

And Rats. I have not hijacked this site for any personal advantage. I want the system improved so there is less likely hood of such an accident repeating.

What is wrong with that? I have had a history of making change that is initially resisted. For example giving the responsibility of radar covered airspace to those that are actually qualified to use radar and have a screen in front of them.. Look back on this site and you will find I was simarly abused for such a heresy.