PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 02:53
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love your total ego and confidence that you would never make a similar error and therefore not need more modern and safer procedures.
I don't even know where to begin with that... I have said to you on numerous occasions, that I support the campaign to make it easier to go over Newcastle.

And in fact, when I was just a little pilot, I did make such an error, and only for good luck, rather than good management did I not end up in exactly the place as MDX, AND if there was good management, it was all on behalf of the ATC on duty that day that saw me land safely in Singleton.

I don't know how you drew that statement out of what I said, but moving on to point 2 -

The CURRENT restriction about planing overhead Williamtown has absolutely no bearing on finding the crash site of MDX. That has been the only thing that the team of people I am working with are interested in. Finding it. The fact that you have hijacked this cause to further your own agenda has angered a considerable amount of people. We were not interested in the politics of why or how, only where the aircraft sits now. You have moved the focus of finding it, to suit your own agenda. We contacted you several times in the last two years asking for any assistance you might have, to be met with either no replies, or "no, not interested".

You have failed to consistently adhere to the facts of the case, overlooking the ones that contradict your viewpoint, and exaggerating those ones that you think you can manipulate to suit your agenda.

Your tirade against the RAAF has not helped us in any way, and in fact, you have probably made it about a million times harder to secure any sort of help in finding the crash site from them, as they would probably, quite understandably, want to distance themselves from this matter.

Evilroy, I have personally emailed Dick a full and complete copy of what is available in the national archives, and an index to go with it that we have created to make referencing certain aspects easier. He is also shown in Sunday Night as actually leafing through that very material.

Last edited by RatsoreA; 3rd Jun 2014 at 02:56. Reason: More info