PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Al Fajar Building
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 18:22
pumpkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear it is down to the wire. If you have a 5 year old dtr your wife is going to be very very very unhappy with that location. I would refuse outright unless it is temporary accommodation- but I would get it in writing too that it is temporary if that is the case.(sometimes temporary can be a year b.t.w) With a child you should be in a villa and as we all know, the Meydan villas are available soon if not now, and although we are all maligning them, eventually they will be a community with parks and other kids to play with - they HAVE to be better than being stuck in an apartment in Oud Metha. Honestly you need to delay coming and get this clarified- or at least do not bring your wife and child right now- it is hot and miserable and you will be on course and then fighting accommodation. As others have said, it is not easy to fight once you are here, if fact impossible and you will be too busy with training anyway. I have not yet heard of a married FO with kids being given an apartment as a permanent accommodation- you need to fight this. Your wife will be miserable, and so will you. Good luck !