PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA, what do YOU want???
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 07:40
ugly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES, YES, YES, YES

I would like to see AOPA providing training aids and awards to AAL kids who go solo, get a PPL etc etc. Same for any AOPA affiliated club. I reckon I could get QBE to sponsor some or all of it in the interests of safety and a viable GA.

You wanna help us do this?????
There's probably quite a lot that AOPA and the AAL could do together to advance aviation, especially with young people. As I mentioned above, unfortunately the current chief of the AAL is one of the disenchanted AOPA members who left over issues like LSC etc. Hopefully a new team might encourage him to consider working with AOPA - or at least rejoining

Some areas might be scholarships. The AAL gives these to cadets in each state who have started flying training (powered or gliding) to provide financial assistance. I see in the April mag that AOPA and ASA are doing the same.

Perhaps the AOPA mag could run a monthly or bi-monthly column on the activities that the AAL undertakes. Its not just aviation the AAL teaches but leadership, self-discipline, music, sport and PA, camping and hiking etc.

The AAL currently only operates in the eastern states (and soon SA) - running a self funding voluntary group isn't the easiest job in the world - perhaps AOPA could assist promoting the AAL in other states via the mag