PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 11:00
evilroy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see where dick had ago at the raaf controller. What I see is there is no need for the restricted airspace to be so large and no lane to use with out cleareance and not over tiger country. Had he been able to go costal with visible lights chances are he may have made it as it was he had zero chance.
0934.20 MDX: Ah, Mike Delta X-Ray. We've picked up a fair amount of ice and, ah, I can just make out a few towns on the coast. I'd appreciate it if we could, ah, could... oh hell. We've just got a downdraft now and we're down at about a thousand a minute.

0934.36 SYD FIS: Mike Delta X-Ray, roger. Is the aircraft equipped with pitot heat.... heating?

0934.40 MDX: Its a single... and we'll try to continue our flight plan.

0934.45 SYD FIS: Mike Delta X-Ray, roger Sydney. The lights are on at Maitland. The lights are on at Maitland.

0934.57 MDX: Say again, Maitland.

0934.00 SYD FIS: Mike Delta X-Ray, Sydney. The lights are on at Maitland if you wish to try and divert and make a landing at Maitland.

0935.05 MDX: Mike Delta X-Ray. No. We thought we had a... Just to compound things, we thought we had a cockpit fire but... ah... we seem to have resolved that little problem. West Maitland, but would appreciate if you would leave the lights on for a while.