PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA, what do YOU want???
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 06:54
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help us perhaps

Creampuff

Despite your unfortunate choice of profession you have a lot of experience to offer in the regulatory sense. You and I also see eye to eye on a lot of things, especially Hamilton.

So how about you help the new Board (which may or may not include me).

Means you might have to endure some 'robust' debate with Bill Pike though. But I think Bill has learned a lot from his 'experience' with hamilton over the last two years and that the 'robust' debate could be particularly useful.

You have described the current NPRM storm as a 'trainsmash' and I am inclined to agree. So...what do you suggest to pull it up and get it back on the right (FAR) track????

By the way, it is now my firm view that McKeown has aligned with Hamilton. I haven't found out yet and, while I still consider him a good friend, I look forward to punishing the b@stard with a huge hangover in the process of establishing his motives. What are your thoughts.

ugly

Another thing AOPA need to get happening is encouraging tomorrow's pilots. I work for the Air League in my spare time and its great to see the young people so keen and wanting to fly. 3 kids from my local 'Squadron' (Blacktown) went solo after Xmas at CN and should have their GFPT soon. AOPA had a crack at a 'young eagles' program similar to the USA around the time I left, however that seemed to have died quietly. They couldn't do worse that work with the AAL - we have the infrastructure and have been doing it for 69 years now, the 2 organisations could compliment each other. However a few of the leaders in AAL are amongst the disgruntled ex-members I discussed above...
YES, YES, YES, YES

I would like to see AOPA providing training aids and awards to AAL kids who go solo, get a PPL etc etc. Same for any AOPA affiliated club. I reckon I could get QBE to sponsor some or all of it in the interests of safety and a viable GA.

You wanna help us do this?????

AK