PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highest paying airlines for pilots?...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 04:43
Setright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
''No I don't have a problem with people being paid what they are worth.''

Yes you do..........you're a hypocrite!

''I do have a problem with my Qantas shares going down, when I can see the cause''

I sold my shares at $5.25 when I realised Emirates would be flying to Australia. Not only are you a hypocrite, you are an equally bad investor as well!

''I also have a problem with a company trying to con our Govt into giving them billions of dollars so their workers can continue to live like royalty, when I know their workers are overpaid 50%''

I did not reinvest in Qantas because the government wanted them to compete with the overseas airlines from an Australian base, with both hands tied behind their back. (no access to foreign capital). Any subsidy paid by subsequent Governments were to level the playing field, Australian costs and tax rates competing with Low cost low tax Asian labour. Qantas has been trying to off shore for years to no effect. Your assessment to cause, is simplistic and self serving!

''so their workers can continue to live like royalty, when I know their workers are overpaid 50%''

Really Mr Flyboat North, you decided!............ If you don't see any problem with having an Australian income for Australian costs reduced by 50%, then you won't mind if we reduce all your future wages, pension, unemployment and annual leave entitlements, government services etc by 50%.

''I would prefer the money to be spent looking after the disabled, and improving our Universities, not providing a subsidy so QF second officers can continue to earn $200K (that is clearing 72,000 Pounds After Tax)'' (Bull**** with a capital T.)

No one gives a what you prefer, Mr Flyboat North, and your figures are self serving Bull**** with a capital T.
If you feel so strongly, put your money where you mouth is and donate, or run for office and see how much support you get!

I will now apologize to everybody else on this thread sans Mr Flyboat North, for my rant................ for being the gentlemen that they are and putting up with this burke!

Unfortunately my tolerance to online stupidity has been receding at the same rate as my hairline!

Last edited by Setright; 2nd Jun 2014 at 05:50.