PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2014, 22:49
jimmyb007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WileE
I would be wary of leaving a stable flying gig for a VANZ slot.

Yesterday it was announced that VANZ management is to be incorporated into VA's Brisbane head office link here

The only NZ based workers left are the pilots and cabin crew.

Now VA has transformed from a low cost carrier to become a ‘full service’ airline there is no reason to compete with your alliance partner and major shareholder, AirNZ head to head on the south pacific... especially now with Air NZ CEO on VA’s board… I am sure he would want to see capacity cut and yields improve for the south pac routes.

How long before they figure out that Air NZ can do most of the south pacific routes ex AKL and VAA can do the tasman and south pac ex OZ and wind up VANZ completely? I think the writing is on the wall…

I think I might pass the VANZ opportunity up and stay on the dash 8 for another year or so…

Oh wow, this makes things a lot different! I know there have been rumours for years about VAA doing the Pac Blue flying but now with ANZ as an alliance partner the rumour has a lot more strength to it and makes more commercial sense.

Does anyone have the breakdown of VANZ v V Aus losses? the ASX financial docs for VAH only have Int v Dom. It would be interesting to know if VANZ is the one bringing down the Int part of VA.

I wonder if they will start up low cost Tiger in NZ after they shut down VANZ...

WileE if you have any inside knowledge can you PM me please