PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Provident Fund and Mondial
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2014, 15:29
pumpkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the input. I completely agree about monthly payments a better option than lump sums for ongoing investments- however I recently sold a small property in Rak and want to put that money in something with low moderate risk for 4 - 5 years until buying a house back home. I have limited knowledge of all the investment vehicles out there and little time to spend checking stock markets daily. As a result I, like many other pilots at Ek I am sure, look to the C fund as straightforward, with a set number of options with variable rates of relative risk categories. Unfortunately it sounds like I will lose a fair amount to the managers. I looked up ETF however after reading 3 different sites, I am still clueless as to what these are and how to buy them and if they are low,medium high risk etc. As well one site said there are still brokers fees involved so is the savings really there? What would you do with a lump sum you need to hold for a few years and need to be conservative with?
I have an appointment with Peter Shaw shortly- glad he comes recommended but obviously he is going to have bias .