PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerosim Flight Academy
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2014, 10:59
pakythepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys aerosim could be a good school for US Flight training type and pilots, but just try to keep your mind on earth and think smart, especially for who is coming from Europe. I know that one year flight instructor contract is a sparkling opportunity in front of your eyes, but there are many downsides on that. First, the training costs are just so so expensive. If you do your research you will find out that is well above the average US training cost made in a normal US flight school. Also, with the same amount of money I would have an EASA ATPL Frozen + FI rating with no subsquently conversion to do, so I can't see any money benefit. Second, bear in mind that everybody could pay and become a flight instructor at this school, no matter if she/he has the right teaching skills and qualities which are normally checked during a proper interview. I am sure there will be good flight instructors, but many horrible either and this could have a bad influence on your flight training if it happens you will find yourself flying with the "bad" ones. Remember where there is a money selective process involved instead of a meritrocatic one, bad things (/sh*t) happen. Third, think about your career progression. After one year contract you are forced to come back in EU unless you have a double passport, you have won the green card lottery or you have married an american girl. This means you need to convert cpl and fi rating into the european ones and start to find a job where nobody knows you, other money and waste of time. Yeah I know you will have so many instructing hours on your cv, but hours made in a different country with different rules and procedures, so some employer might be a bit skeptic and prefers to employ someone who has one year experience in european instructing over you. Also you will delay for one year the chance to network in the european industry and make you know in order to step in a better contract conditions or why not land in turboprop or jet position, so grow professionally in the place where you have the right to live and work. I don't know but at the end it seems to me a waste of effort and money. If you want to live the american dream go for some hour building, but think twice if you want to train there just for a promised one year contract.

Last edited by pakythepilot; 1st Jun 2014 at 14:39.