PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 1st Jun 2014, 09:39
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Williamtown

Dick,

I actually support your notion that traversing Mil airspace is difficult, and it needs to be changed.

What I don't support is your distortion of the facts of the case. At no point was clearance denied, in fact, 3 separate people were working to obtain clearance as quickly as possible. He just didn't wait. It would have been the wait of one or two orbits, while they organised what height, 7 or 9. FIS5 was coming back to him to ask him what height he would like to go, when he said he resuming his originally planned track.

The willy controller was not given details of the plan beforehand, because the PIC lodged a plan that took him around that airspace, and would not go through it. If I'm going northwest out of Sydney to Tamworth, I'm pretty sure they don't send my plan details to Coffs Harbour...

Yes, it is a pain in the a$$ going through the various mil airspaces around the east coast, and yes, the system needs to change, but the only person that could have changed this particular occourance, was the PIC of MDX.