PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DAS for CASA
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2014, 05:58
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 30 years enough?

CP# 21-"That Frankenstein cannot be killed from within."
Must concur with learned colleague CP on that issue.

CP# 21-"The capacity of humans to earnestly believe that changing one person will make a difference."
But beg to differ a bit on the rest; only the very naive believe in a silver bullet man, who will, with a hefty wave of a magic wand cures all the ills – I can believe fairies at the bottom of garden, the Easter bunny and can even get my head around Santa (bless); but not the silver bullet man.

What we can realistically hope for is sane, reasonable, competent leadership of the CASA crew towards re-establishing some faith and confidence. There are some first class individuals hiding behind the HQ pot-plants and there is evidence of times past where industry and administrator could get together and apply 'common sense' to the regulatory imbroglio. If we could achieve that and tackle some of 'regulatory nonsense' that would be a great improvement. But without direction to the manner in which the rules are used, no matter how good they are, systematic abuse will continue to create problems.

As it stands – nothing and no one is safe from attack, as and when suits; AAAA for example. There have been through the outgoing ethos some terrible atrocities committed, some very light minded 'bending' of rules and some hanky panky with the spirit and intent of the law. I believe it is the hope that this aberration may cured through astute leadership that keeps everyone sane.

I expect time will tell but I tend to agree with Sarcs – the miniscule does appear to have his arse in a political sling and his work cut out, just to keep a lid on the situation. He does have the option to leave a worthwhile legacy and be remembered as the bloke who saved Australian GA. Lets give the man and his advisors some time to study what must be a difficult, complex, potentially embarrassing report from the panel 'he' selected; find a DAS he can live with and set it all to music. Must be a bit like a duck on a mill pond – smooth as silk on the surface, paddling like crazy below the water line.

Patience -

How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees? (the Bard).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. (Marcus Aurelious).