PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Canberra book contributor request
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 17:33
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think there are lots of instances. I have spoken with a man who suffered numerous illnesses throughout his life as a result of radiation exposure flying Canberras on Operation Grapple. He indicated his colleagues did as well, and I think one of them was interviewed by the BBC (at least on their web site) talking about this in the last couple of years.

I had not heard about the man you mention Wander00. There are some very interesting accounts on the page below recalling the tests, flying into the clouds, and the levels of exposure here:

About Christmas Island (Kiritimati), Kiribati, And* Bomb Tests

It's a long (but interesting page) so if you are pressed for time, start at the paragraph beginning: "There is no question that a radiation hazard was created by the 'sniffer' aeroplane which flew through the H-bomb clouds minutes after detonation."

Binbrook There is no publication date, at least a firm one, as I'm still working on it, but I hope, all going to plan, to be ready to either self publish or approach publishers later this summer. I'll keep you posted. You can also follow details of the book here:https://www.facebook.com/TheCanberraExperience

Steve