PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do LH CC appreciate when i identify myself as a pilot?
Old 31st May 2014, 16:22
DoorsAreArmed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A BA pilot, even more ancient than me, told me years ago............the first thing t

I think maybe these days it would not really get a response? If you identified yourself as CC, you might be able to strike up a conversation in the galley to compare conditions, rosters etc. As a pilot, it might be useful to know in the event of an evacuation, as you would be assessed as a perfect "ABP" or "able bodied passenger" to assist in a number of scenarios, trained in similar standards and mostly having a cool head under pressure! Depending on the culture of the airline and even the region, pilots are sometimes regarded as the "drivers" (all due respect). In effect, you guys fly the plane and the CC control the PAX, very different job roles. In the event of an emergency, chain of command exists, but flying a $400 million dollar machine takes a different skill set to controlling 400 PAX. Have got onto the crew bus after a 14 hour duty to meet "Dave" the Captain, no interaction whatsoever preflight or during the flight, shows the disconnect. I think these days the Marketing and Product Development departments have the say with CC so unfortunately, your mate from B.A. may may be a decade or 2 out from his friendly advice? BTW your Association should have you in a Premium class for duty, supernumerary and leisure travel anyway Anyways, thanks for doing a go around when appropriate and keeping us safe!