PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rivet Joint
Thread: RAF Rivet Joint
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 13:16
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
JIV

RTSs are not published, although MoD usually satisfies requests under FoI.

Aircraft like RJ will have a significant "Classified" section, which is often withheld even from aircrew and those responsible for day to day maintaining of airworthiness. MoD will never release that - if they have remembered to include it!

But you ask a good question, and SS's is an excellent and very pointed reply! I very much doubt if MoD will satisfy a request in this case. I doubt if the MAA or ACAS will even let other aircraft project teams see it, because it will illustrate just how far the bar has been lowered in order to cover up what they (MAA) have known on RJ for at least 3 years - and just when the Secy of State was first told of the need for a waiver. One thing is for sure; he'll be furious if it is within the last 2 years, and he'll be even more furious at being misled before that. To me, this illustrates just how serious the MAA must believe the failures - they have been well known for upwards of 3 years, yet could not be fixed in that time. It reminds me of Nimrod MRA4 in the late 90s. The project leaders lying to senior staffs and withholding details of slippage and cost escalation. And when senior staffs found out, misleading politicians. As mentioned above; Hammond should be studying old papers to identify the common denominators and names.