PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 31st May 2014, 12:53
FlyingTinCans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBS has made the rosters much much better. To say you will be doing nothing but night flights for 18 months is an over exaggeration in my experience. 10 - 12 days off a month, with 60 to 70 block hours and some day & some night flying is achievable within your first year now - if you learn how to use PBS.

I also came from Turboprop and am less tired on an FZ roster than on my old regional roster, and even with me topping up a pension myself I save quite a lot more money too and enjoy a lifestyle that I could only dream of back home.

Moving to FZ or any airline in the Middle East isn't just a career choice it's also a lifestyle choice for you and your family. Some guys forget that, come here then realise they don't like Dubai, don't like the Middle East , don't like the lifestyle and then end up hating the job.

As for how much you will save, that is entirely person dependent, there are lots of ways on google to accurately budget the lifestyle you want/can afford here, things are getting more expensive in Dubai (just like every other major city in the world) and the pay/allowance increases that FZ are giving are not keeping up so account for that too.

Last edited by FlyingTinCans; 31st May 2014 at 13:10.