PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Crew Meal Allowance
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 20:34
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
single chime

Really? Let's cut to the chase here. Granted, the discounted allowances are hardly going to pay the mortgage but that's not what they're designed for. In all the time I've been in this Company, not once have I been 'forced' to eat McDonalds or any other crap that wasn't suitable. Not once have I come away from a layover either hungry or out of pocket as I don't eat 3, 3 course meals a day and neither, I suspect, do you. If you are Fat Bastard and can eat a baby on every trip, send in the itemised hotel bill/receipt to fleet.

I agree that there are some layovers with hotel facilities and timing combinations that aren't ideal but put your complaints on the voyage report or better still write a CSR. It's not going to change overnight but it may eventually if enough reports are written.

As much as it pains me to say, the allowances are not for swigging copious quantities of potent ale and paying for wenches or for the weekly supermarket shop so all this rubbish about not having enough money to eat properly is complete and utter tosh.

Please, stop embarrassing yourselves!