PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter shot down near Sloviansk
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 10:52
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone that has visited, and occupied time in, Ukraine some dozen or so times, and a family of common law "in-laws" there, I can assure all that pretty much all of Ukraine would just love to join the EU to relocate to the land(s) of milk & honey which normally involves traveling to a country who's capital is London

Never mind the others but 10% of the former population of Lithuania are now resident in UK, gawd knows how many Polish are in the UK but it's significant, and I used to joke with my ex that if Ukraine was ever to join the EU it would become deserted ... With a smile she 100% agreed.

The everyday language in Ukraine is Russian, sure in the west of Ukraine they like to speak Ukrainian just like in the west of UK they like to speak Welsh, but even the east of Ukraine long to be in the EU so all this "nonsense" going on is the work of a madman in Moscow infiltrating it with his military personnel.

Putin quoted he had the right to go in to Ukraine to protect those who spoke Russian ... the whole damn country was forced to speak Russian until the demise of the USSR in 1989 ... Do England have the right to go and invade any country to protect those who speak English which just about covers every country in the world?

Putin is full of excreta