PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th May 2014, 10:17
Joons31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I just want to give a quick review of my assessment at Ryanair.
The assessment started at 10 am at the Hangar 10 Building at Stansted airport. Atmosphere was quiet relaxed.7 guys all over europe. except 1 all pretty young. We were welcomed by a nice guy from Ryanair. First we got a briefing about the sim profile, what to expect in the sim, what they want us to show them etc. Afterwards, just a basic brief about the interview.
We got our plates for the day, it was EMA , if you know how to fly an SID and Approach, nothing to add. It was not difficult, but you get plenty of time to study the chart.
I was the first one for interview and the sim. Interview was relaxed atmosphere, first I was ask personal questions, about my flight training etc. Just basic. Then a couple of technical questions f.e. passengers 737-800, how many flight attendants, mach tuck, how does the engine work, swept back wings, stall, AC/DC current, ..really basic stuff , no tricks etc.
Afterwards I went to the sim with my partner, an experienced older guy. Not sure for which position he applied. He was first PF, then we changed and I got PF. Abnormal takeoff, so no SID, flown with FD on and A/T up to 1500 feet.
then FD's off and some air work, again just basic stuff. Turn's, speed up, speed down, climbs, descents.Then NDB tracking, entering the hold, abnormal situation, immediate return to the field, no radar vectors avaiable, so follow procedure from the hold, intercept LOC and then ILS at EMA. all RAW DATA. Asked frequently about the position where you are right now to show on the chart and explain why.
Time in the Sim went fast, the sim is pretty fast, so be prepared. Layout was EFIS, no PFD/ND. Show good MCC/CRM skills! If you do something wrong, correct it, say it - to show them you noticed a deviation from altitude f.e and correct it immediately.
I finished at around 1.20 pm , I guess the entire assessment last at least until 6.30 pm, but I have no detailed information about it. At the end the recruiter just said that I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the results. Again, it was a really nice guy.
Good luck to all who have the assessment in future.