PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay review
Thread: EK Pay review
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 09:43
Rotaiva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would they tell us now when they have till June pay closure?

On the basis that closure of the June salaries is the 18th I expect they will not announce any 'contract adjustment' till the Thursday prior (at 3pm) - that is 12th June.

Why? Operations don't care about intangibles such as morale and motivation and never will until the supply-demand equation forces them to re-evaluate. Lets face it, they address the demand whilst HR address the supply. Whilst we have people whom accept discretion needlessly (ex Dubai) and other such self-damaging practices demand will continue to be satisfied. So Ops, I believe are content. I reckon they look to Pre-ops for immediate crewing levels and get the 'thumbs up'.

Question - whom out there has received payment for working on a day off?? I know of no-one!

Further, why would they announce any change now? Once they missed the May deadline they most likely sat back and said "okay now we have a window till 18th; lets get it sorted out by then". No need to do it sooner!

HR look to recruitment for feedback and from that evaluate the supply equation.

In an environment and company the size of ours attrition and lack of job satisfaction can only (by bean counters) realistically be measured in an analytical way. As much as I disagree with it I am sure they don't give a rats ar$e about individualized negativity and the rumor crap found on pprune. They look at the other packages and make a suitable package themselves. 'Careless and irresponsibly wrong I believe!'

In fact I think our HR department have become very insensitive to emotive responses and focus solely on the monetary package.

In short, IMHO talk of 8000-10000 increases are examples of Chinese whispers and I'll be amazed if the actual adjustment is anything near this. As for our desire to know the monetary increases sooner or later - I think we have no hope.

I really wish to be proven wrong but I'm nowadays a very cynical bar$tard!

Vietnam and CSA although entertaining still fall short of the tabled offer her at EK. There may well be a LOT of better lifestyle choices out there but again - I don't believe HR look at this - it's too subjective.

Rant over!