PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay review
Thread: EK Pay review
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 08:58
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thatwasclose

We all are asking ourselves where our not only deserved, but bitterly needed pay rise is.

As there is a correlation between supply and demand with the required quality, the observation that recruitment has become more difficult, should raise our attention. Any lowering of the quality bar has an impact on pressure to the managers about t&c's. This means that if they can still feed the ranks by paying less (no inflation, no raise, no step), they accept the B, or C-team. So we lose on two ends: In our wallets and in our jobs, with lesser qualified/trained colleagues. Even if you accept that most are still adequately skilled, where do you draw the line?

By reading the safety bulletin, at least to me, the line is below what i consider adequate. Be it that most rather silly contributions are to cover their @$$', there are quite disturbing other ones.
Like the one where GS capture from above was attempted with FLCH (never heard of the ASIANA accident?), or AP engagement mis-switched with APP and (at least according to the ASR) not realised by both on the FMA at all!
That shows what kind of quality we seem to have flying our metal today. We all make mistakes, but some reading is painful and way off standard.

I might sound harsh, but if we accept and defend such standards, they are our buddies after all, they all need a job and we all make mistakes, then we should not complain about the race to the bottom of our t&c's.

Last edited by glofish; 30th May 2014 at 09:11.