PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay review
Thread: EK Pay review
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 06:51
thatwasclose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to glofish. I am feed up with the company too. Managment continues to erode our working conditions and treats us with more and more disdain. All that is true. However our new pilots are not any less quality than before. There has been no drop in the requirement of entry. Rather I believe the longer I have been here the more experience I have. As time goes by I imagine that what I know now is what I have always known. Which is not true. New joiners always need time to settle and learn as I, and I imagine all of us had to. The old always think the new is useless . Just ask my grandmother . She is still suspicious of that odd metric system.
In short the company has not had to accept lesser quality recruits. I sadly imagine that they will never have to. I tell people to think long and hard about coming here, but they still come. The so called difficulty in finding people I believe comes from the fact that the company was hard pressed to find guys going directly to A 380 as they needed 1500 hours in an airbus. They are finding guys, and if they fail too they will just change the requirement.
The ship is sinking only in regard to our conditions.
Where is my pay rise dammit