PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 00:09
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fawcett vs MM's Aviation Airports mob cont/-

On M&M he sure bears a strong resemblance to Red...

Ever since Senator Fawcett first entered the parliament (July 2011) he has been on M&M's case on the lifeblood of GA, those pesky secondary & ALOP airports. Here is another example:

My error (FIMD) it appears that the Oz Flying article provided the answer to my...Q/ For those Essendon operators in the know, which runway is the DRAFT MP proposing to shorten??
Truss said he recognised there was significant interest within the community about the proposed investigation into the shortening of the airport's north-south runway.

“My approval of the 2013 Master Plan is not an approval for this proposal to proceed,” he pointed out.

“A decision on this proposal will only be reached after Essendon Airport completes a very detailed investigation involving examination of operational, safety and environmental impacts, including from aircraft noise.

“The outcome of this investigation will then need to be considered through the regulatory processes under the Airports Act 1996. A key component of these regulatory processes is public consultation.”

Truss said the Master Plan included significant non-aviation developments.

“However, I will not agree to any development which would compromise the use of Essendon for aviation,” he said.

“The Government is committed to supporting sustainable growth in civil aviation."
The miniscule's statement is interesting in light of the AACCI letter to him...

Oh well considering some Essendon operators are having probs pulling up on the other runway...

...I guess there will be intensive training, by certain operators, on shortfield landing technique...