PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2014, 20:24
JackRalston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status of NATS

I haven't posted on this site for a long time but having read through this topic regarding NATS' assessments, it amazes me how much has changed.

I applied to NATS over 2 years ago and got as far as (the old) Stage 1 but unfortunately wasn't successful. That day in Southampton was packed, they had a lot of Stage 1 assessments going on and the hotel was as crowded as could be. At the time, there was a huge demand for new recruits and I noticed how quickly dates were getting fully booked up. When I didn't get through, the decrease in stage dates showed, "nothing planned yet" seemed to be a common statement.

So coming up to a year since I sat my Stage 1 and they decided to change the time you had to wait between applying again from one year to two years so I decided to go the self-funding route as I didn't want to hang around much longer. I am (hopefully) not far off completing my ADI course and I have loved it.

Most of the stories I hear about NATS now seem to be much more negative then they use to be but then again, it happens to all companies, swings and roundabouts they say. It is always better to have a Plan B ready just in case what you originally plan on doing doesn't work out. I am glad I have decided to not wait around and go self-funded, it's a lot of money yes, but most of us love the industry and want to do what we love. So to those still waiting on NATS, good luck, don't give up but do have another plan ready just in case and I wish you all the best.