PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2014, 16:32
Porrohman

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OntimeexceptACARS said;

Understand the Qatar was delayed around an hour outbound - anyone know why?

It is parked on stand 2A, created for the longer span of the 787 whilst avoiding the ruffians at the other end, and allowing direct inbound access to immigration.

Must be very recent as its not shown on the AIP charts. Aircraft parks diagonally I'm told, knocking out stand 3 for the duration.
For the first flight it parked on stand 10, with the result that BA A321s from LHR used stands 6 and 18. I wasn't there, but I'm guessing that stands 9 and 11 were out of use with the B788 on stand 10. I'm reasonably sure it's too wide for that stand. Future flights should use stand 2A.

Stands at the international end of the terminal have been significantly revised in the last couple of months but, as you say, the NATS publications haven't caught up yet. AFAIK the new stand layout, and maximum aircraft size, is as follows;

1 B75W
2 B75W Closed when 2A in use
2A B788 Closed when 2 or 3 in use
3 B76W Closed when 2A or 3A in use
3A A321 Closed when 3 in use
4 B738W Closed when 4A in use
4A B76W Closed when 4 or 5 in use
5 E190 Closed when 4A in use
6 B75W

I'm not sure whether or not this re-layout has had an impact on the dimensions of stands 1A and 1B.

As regards the delayed departure, there was talk on another forum that there was an issue with the flaps but I can't personally verify that story.

The departure routing was interesting. According to a post in another forum;

It is flight planned to go via Upper air route UL983 which runs from the GOW at Glasgow to Saint Abbs and onwards over the North Sea. The base level is FL245 and as such there is insufficient Controlled airspace in a straight line between Edinburgh and St Abbs to allow a join on the climb. The software used for flight planning will not allow a routing outside controlled airspace so it gets filed on a Grice departure towards FINDO south of Perth before picking up upper air route UP58, South East over Fife to pick up UL983 east of St Abbs.
So, passengers get a tour of Fife on the way to Doha :-)

Last edited by Porrohman; 30th May 2014 at 12:53. Reason: Added that Stand 6 can now take a B75W (was A321)