PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glider midair over Gransden Lodge
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2014, 12:36
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Glider mid-air

I posted this on the thread on Flyer:

I was poodling around the area when I got to the point of being visual with 4 gliders. I decided that this was my definition of a "crowded sky" and promptly went back to Little Gransden.
Safe and sound and back on the ground chatting to one of the other denizens of Little Gransden we noticed the emergency helicopter hovering over towards the Gransden Lodge area.
I'd already heard the ambulance go past and we assumed that it was an RTA as there had been a lot of horse and cyclist activity on what can be a fast road. Glad everybody concerned was OK.

As people pointed out on the original post, 4 gliders does not a "crowded sky" make especially for glider pilots in a thermal! However, I felt that, as the gliders were at the four points of the compass and my head was swivelling around like a Stuka pilot over Kent in 1940 and there were more being launched from Gransden Lodge, it was time to get back to LG and put the bird away. I was only up for an hour's worth of chandelles, stalls and steep turns and it was getting close to tea and medals time anyway!!