PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is PPL worth it - ongoing costs?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2014, 02:29
500ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do your PPL as a course, why not start taking a few lessons and see how it goes. Flying once every week or two may take longer but you will get more of a chance to see if flying is for you. Paying as you go also lets you prepare for the on-going costs. Sure after your PPL you may be able to fly for cheaper per hour, but you may find yourself flying for longer. Also the aircraft that excites you may not be the cheapest. At the end of the day what is 20hours either way.

Flying is not really about before and after PPL but the start of hopefully a lifelong experience which starts with your first flight. And after your first solo, you have been PIC and no-one can take that from you, so that is a great initial goal.

I saw this video posted online today; it was it on TV when I was about 12. It was posted as an 80s ad, but I thought it was cool then and I think it looks cool now. The airforce would never have suited me and the jets have been gone for over a decade, but as for flying, 12 year old me knew the truth, there is no choice really.

Sing with me. “The sky is the limit …………..

Last edited by 500ft; 29th May 2014 at 06:14.