PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who issued pilots licences prior to the CAA?
Old 28th May 2014, 21:06
much2much

Location: England that central part of Britian between Ecosse and Occupied France
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gosh, most interesting. and I was just looking, at something about the bcpl after stumbling upon it in easa conversion ,forgotten about that licence, and o then there was a SCPL in the set before that . ATPL exams and less hours required, giving a weight restriction for command (12,000kg??), cream/white in colour, if I remember,

Those professional licences also gave right of entry to the UK and had a photo in,and some script to that effect, all sphiffing and proper.

Chevron :I also had concertina ppl,(great case for keeping other things in!!) and a mark 4 Cortina(ford) which did get concertin -ed-dead.

pp101**a,quite different to yours? o the first bit was on the medical,maybe??

The BCPL(unrestricted) to Cpl, and military accreditation ,were all a bone of contention, along with the removal of the right to fly as F/O on, on a Cpl, without having sat the ATPL exams, this did put some experienced F /O's in a position of having to sit Exams where as some one from a C130 was exempt. just observation not an opinion!

I guess the USA is full of Winchesters, and colts,( not piper ,and and all those kind of things,

Last edited by much2much; 29th May 2014 at 12:16.